Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, better known as APJ Abdul Kalam, was an illustrious scientist turned statesman who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. Kalam spent more than forty years as a science administrator and scientist mainly at the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and Defence Research and the Development Organization (DRDO). Kalam was closely associated with the military missile development efforts and civilian space programme of India. For his work on launch vehicle technology and development of ballistic missile, he was given the pseudonym of ‘The Missile Man of India.’ In 1998, he played a prominent role in Pokhran-II Nuclear Tests.
In 2002, Kalam was elected the 11th President of the country and became widely known as the ‘People’s President.’ After serving his presidential term he pursued what he loved most – teaching, writing and reading. For his achievements and contributions as a scientist, he was honoured with the ‘Bharat Ratan Award,’ India’s highest civilian honour.
Kalam left for the heavenly abode on July 27, 2015, while delivering a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Shillong. He was laid to rest with full state-honours and his funeral was attended by thousands of people including national-level dignitaries.
Besides being a scientist he was also an illustrated author . His famous books include Wings of Fire, the book is availbale in this link http://www.amazon.in and his words are wisdoms for lot of us. Inspiring Life brings you some famous quotes by this much illustrious man.
Quotes of APJ Abdul Kalam
1. When our signature changes to autograph, this marks the Success.
2 Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.
3. Empty pocket teaches you a million things in life, but full pocket spoils you in a million ways.
4. Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.
5. If you salute your duty, you no need to salute anybody, but if you pollute your duty, you have to salute everybody.
6. Creativity is seeing the same thing but thinking differently.
7. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
8. If you fail, never give up because Fail means “First Attempt In Learning”.
9. To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.
10. Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action.
11. Two rules for a peaceful life: Depression in failure should never go to heart, and ego in success should never go to the brain.
12. Excellence happens not by accident. It is a process.
13. The best brains of the nation may be found on the last benches of the classroom.
14. Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.
15. Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.
16. All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.
17. You should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.
18. A dream is not that which you see while sleeping, it is something that does not let you sleep.
19. You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
20.If we are not free, no one will respect us.
21. Man needs his difficulties because they need it to enjoy success.