“ You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage –pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologitically- to say ‘ no’ to other things. And the way to do that is having a bigger ‘ yes’ burning inside.”
This message flashed in my mobile while I was enjoying the petrichor which was being complemented with the aroma of cappuccino emanating from the red mug in my hand that was gifted to me by my lady luck of yesteryears. The parched land of Delhi was satiated by a curtain of rain beat down from the heaven.. It was at this time that I received a call, a call not warranted for and which I got after a humongous gap of time. A person who had the privilege of using my recommendation for a higher pasture in life had at that time disdained me, even when I had a major accident. Today, he again remembered me desirous of a favour for endorsing him to a person known to me for his personal benefit.
I had a genetic disorder, wherein my adrenalin rushes me to help the person when I am called for even if it means renouncing my own priorities. Endorsing this long forgotten friend means I have to take an appointment, meet him for that I have to take my own leave and that means my priorities getting overridden for his.
Is it worth?
Why not, one should learn to forget and forgive.
Isn’t he using me?
May be, but he needs my help. So, why not?
With another gulp of coffee going inside me, something stirred me and I remembered this line, I read somewhere, “Life’s too short to drink crappy coffee and cry over boys who don’t care” and I said “ No, sorry bhai, I don’t have time and I can’t.” It was really hard to say, but ultimately I said and although initially I could not believe that I said so, but the truth was bare open.
That day learnt to say “ No” I felt the might of saying no is more than saying yes every time. Learning the advantage of saying No every day and jotted down below :
10 points as to Why should we say “ No “ ?
- Saying yes to everything and increasing your stress level will only be harmful to you- So learn to say No.
- One has to believe that one is not perfect in everything and he may not be able to do something. So accept it as a fact and say No.
- Don’t make others to believe that you are always ready for them and accept whatever they say. Believe me they in fact treat you as a crap. So learn to say No.
- Your life is yours and nobody should have the control over it. So, feel free to say No, whenever you feel losing control over your life.
- If you fear losing a relationship because you said No, so its better not to have such relation which depends only on your saying Yes. So, test a true relation by saying “No “.
- You have to believe that you are not born to make everyone around you happy as you cannot make everyone happy either. So instead say No and have the priviledge to make yourself happy.
- Make the people around you self dependent, they should not believe that you are there for them every time. So sometime say No.
- Don’t compromise your priorities for unnecessary activities, this will pain you in a long run. If you want ti be happy in the long run say “ No”.
- You can never control everybody’s opinion of you, so its better saying No.
- Finally life will go on as usual, even if you say No. You will be more stressfree.
Remember “ NO” is not a dirty word